- 42 academic schools of the TSU entered the presidential list of Russian leading scientific schools
- More than 600 doctors and 1300 candidates of sciences work here
- 23 dissertation councils (all of them are doctoral): about 20 doctor of science and 100 candidate of science dissertations are defended annually
- 26 academicians and corresponding members of Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Russian Academy of Education, Russian Academy of Agricultural Science
- 51 Russian State Prize Winners
- More than 120 international scientists and researchers, among them:
Dr. Terry Callaghan and dr. Olga Solomina who contributed to the reports of the IPCC, which was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007
Nobel Prize Winners: Dr. Harald zur Hausen (The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, 2008).