Siberia and Arctic Studies
About the programme
The programme is aimed at training highly qualified experts of scientific profile who possess a wide range of knowledge about the natural conditions of Siberia and Arctic, who works with modern methods of environmental research and scientific methodology. The programme is aimed at inter- and transdisciplinary research of unique characteristic features and global significance of the Siberian mega-region.
Graduates’ areas of activity:
- Scientific and research activity;
- Design and production activity;
- Control and expert activity;
- Organizational and managing activity;
- Teaching activity in a higher educational institution.
“Siberian and Arctic Studies” programme will be implemented by the University Centre of Excellence “BioClimLand” jointly with Institute of Biology, Faculty of Physics, and Faculty of Chemistry.
International partners of the programme include:
- Lund University (Sweden)
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (Alaska, the USA)
- University of Toulouse (France)
- French-Siberian Centre of Education and Science
- International Network of Research Stations INTERACT,
- International Association of permafrost studies
- The programme is characterized by the presence of a developed scientific infrastructure (scientific laboratories, field research stations in AKTRU, Kaybasovo and Khanymey). Master students and programme faculty members can participate in large research and educational network programmes and INTERACT projects, International Scientific Union (ISU) of Russia and France CAR-WET-SIB, TEMPUS EU, and etc.
Fees, funding & scholarships
Home students. Please check the http://abiturient.tsu.ru/company/rules/ for the application guidelines and http://abiturient.tsu.ru/company/necessary-documents/ to see the list of required documents.
International students should contact the International Office of Tomsk State University (firstname.lastname@example.org – Veolette Galitskaya, Recruitment and Foreign Students Documentary Support Specialist) to inquire about the process of documents submission, invitation and visa application process, and other issues. International Office representative will send upon request the list of necessary documents and provide additional information.
Further information can be found at the TSU International Office web-sites: http://inter.tsu.ru/en/; http://inter.tsu.ru/en/home/42-studying-at-tsu/admission-requirements/325-requirements-for-admission-of-foreign-partners-and-students
More information about the programme
More about educational programs: http://tssw.ru/page/educational-programs-/